Offers Reading Services
Yes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starr Casas - www.oldstyleconjure.com - AIRR
      Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

Starr Casas - www.oldstyleconjure.com - AIRR

The reader Starr did not give me that type of advice, however my situation is different. That would be hard advice to take, as we want our situations resolved, not dismissed.

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

Starr - www.oldstyleconjure.com - AIRR

What did Starr tell you? I don't think I read with her. I don't think she ever got back to an email I sent her. Are you getting work done with her?

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

She advised me on cleansings and how to make jar work. It took 3 weeks to hear from her. Something had delayed her normal timing. On her site it says her normal turn around is 1-2 weels. I'm assuming one has to pay for her advice or work first prior to getting a response from her. I had to schedule with her appointment secretary, then call her at the appointed time I was given.

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

I have been having a spell done by Starr for quite some time, as to how it's working I really don't know. I like some things about them, however I do not agree that a reader should tell you if you should do a spell or not as that is subject to another's opinion. That's just my take on it, though and others may feel differently. I originally called the reader/rootworker for spell advice and ended up paying quite a bit for a spell because I was at a low point and felt my energy was too drained. At this point I like doing my own spells or rituals.

Just wanted to add mine has been 3 months with no tangible results, yet.

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

I think as a rootworker Starr may be good, but I would not advise paying for a reading from her, though she has some good spell ideas, it did feel like she pushes a person to buy spellwork.

I was at one point seeking spell advice to do my own spell, but the only way they would speak is by purchasing a reading.

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

I don't know, but some of those highy advised ripped off. Just because they are a Airr reader doesn't equate to accuracy. As always do your reserch and buyers beware. In my humble opinion if they are pushing spellwork because of their "great spritual powers" that you would never be able able to get to their point in life run away. Wish I had.

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

I was taken by Starr. It was sheer stupidity on my part, because I called up after never heard back from her and she talked me into a more expensive spell with big promises and I heard nothing ever again. No results and that was back in either Jan. or Feb. The first one months before. I only went with her instead of doing it myself because she had something on hand I didn't. I even explained how my finances were in a mess and she didn't care.

Not all of them are like her. One problem I have heard with some of them is they push you to buy, as was the case with me.

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

http://readersandrootworkers.org/wik...rms_of_Service

I would suggest getting something written up, as per their Obusman. I took the rootworker Starr at her word. It was 500 dollars down the drain and no prictures or anything that she promised.

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if this place is any good but it may be worth taking a look at.

http://oldstyleconjure.com/index.html

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

The one above with Starr I suggest staying far away from. She is not honest and took me big time. Since that time I have heard that happened to others with her. I have posted on her before under the readersandrootworkers. She's quite attitudy too.

I have heard good things about some of those readers and rootworkers. They have an Obusman that will help as long as one has a written contract. I failed to get that and just trusted this woman, but should have trusted my gut extinct. As I mentioned previously I could have done the spell myself but she had something on hand and she as well as some others on there pressure to purchase their's. It was a very stupid and costly decision on my part. I don't know that she ever did the spell. My guess is she did not. My suggestion is stay FAR AWAY from her. Supposedly she posts on the L.M. forum, but she def. lacks honesty and compassion.

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

Wow! that is crazy about starr. I am not following the second part of your message however about hearing good things? who did you hear good things about.

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

what and who is an Obusman?

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

Lol--I forgot the precise definition, but it's a go between like a mediator. That person will work to settle things as long as there is a written contract if pictures are not returned, spellwork is not shown, or appointments are missed.

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

I ran across the oldstyle conjure site before i have never had a reading or heard anything either way about her. Shes a registered AIRR worker which is suppose to be good but from maggies experience that doesnt always mean its an honest worker. Let us know how she works if you use her im curious... :)

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

I suggest strongly that written contract with any of them after my experience. I do think some of them are good, as I have heard of others having much better experiences than mine.

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

They had much better experience wit starr? Im not sure who you are talking about. I though she was a scam

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

Not to speak for maggie but i think she means she has heard good about some of the AIRR workers. If a rootworker is advertising they are part of the AIRR association then there are rules they have to go by to be part of that. Several of them are active on the lucky mojo forum. I dont believe this lady is though. But if you hire someone like this lady who is part of the association then they are should follow certain rules (contacting you back, providing pics) etc

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

Yes, that's what I mean. I am not advising Starr to anyone. Once a person has lied to one client ,what's to say they won't to others? As I previously mentioned since that happened to me I have heard it happened to others with her.. no response, no spell proof, nothing sent as promised. I know at what time Starr was active on the Lucky Mojo forum.

It just goes to show that sites that this where ppl. can share their honest experiences, can save others from making a mistake, even when it seems reasonable to assume the person would be honest due to being a member of well known organization and/or visibility on forums.

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

http://forum.luckymojo.com/thank-you...t8046s120.html

I read these reviews and assumed they were correct and maybe they were. For me she was as dishonest as they come, though until she got the money I thought she was nice too.

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

I did not have a good experience with Starr either. I found her through AIRR and on the whole AIRR are people who take it seriously-- you may not get results but they are doing the work and believe in it. That's all I ask. Star took money, skipped appointments, didn't answer emails... i could go on. Not all of the AIRR workers send pics and that's actually fine with me, but in retrospect I really think Starr did maybe 1/4 of the work. I didn't go to an ombudsman for a variety of reasons, but I wouldn't recommend her.

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

@ lucybelle said "Star took money, skipped appointments, didn't answer emails... i could go on."

Ditto

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mggie. You know people on the LM forum don't post such things but I had a private message suggesting she was known for it. I lacked the courage to go to the ombudsman because Miss Cat, who runs LM, really likes her. And I like Miss Cat. I decided just to go on. Most of the rootworkers are very reputable.

Starr didn't even interpret correctly. I had a love vigil candle finish black with lots of smoke. Starr told me not to worry, but EVERYONE on the forum said "uh oh." And guess what? The forum was right. I was/am involved with a married man (please don't judge me!), and the wife found out. The sign was crystal clear.

That was not one of Starr's candles, actually; I think it came from magickalrealm in the Bronx.

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

I don't post on that forum. I like reading on their spells, but find some of their posts to be very judgemental. Same thing with the CH forum. I am not into conformity and don't expect others to be. I have seen some go off on others.

I really don't think Starr did any spell for me. She was supposed to send me items for me to complete the spell and she promised me pictures of the ritual. It's almost a year later and I never got anything, but one rather attituded filled reply. Her reading was extremely general, that I waited 3 weeks to get. All in all it was just a bad experience. As I stated I was foolish. She had been unreliable with responses for the first "spell" that I also questined if she did and yet talked me into getting a much more expensive one.

I agree in that I do think most of the rootworkers are good and will keep their word.

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

Oh good grief, that's awful! that's a clear violation. Come to think of it Starr did send me pictures as well but then she stopped. She was so difficult to get hold of I started having regular appointments and she even missed those half of the time. My last vigils with her last year she took eight weeks to send reports and then clearly only did it because it was obviousl I would complain if she didn't... I sent that email readnotify and saw she read it several times.

The forum can be judgmental at times, for sure. And I stopped posting specifics for that very reason. But it can be a good place to get general advice if you are careful.

More and more this board is making me think the way to go is to do it yourself, with your own intention.

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Starr needs to go to the scam thread quickly.

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

Done, thank you for helping me keep up with all the changes
      Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. (Confucius)

(Derogatory comments directed to a forum member removed by moderator)
      I have NEVER in my 40 years of practice scammed anyone. I ask that you remove the lies you have written about me or PROVE THEM to be truth (which you can't do). Slander is agaisnt the law, I WILL PUSH THIS. NO ONE SLANDERS MY GOOD NAME. Starr

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

Message Received by Forum Moderator:

Slandering my Name
      Sent: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:39 pm
      Name: Starr
      Email Address: starr@oldstyleconjure.com
      Date: Friday 30-Dec-11 00:39:20 GMT
      Subject: Slandering my Name

You are the administrator of this board and I ask that you remove all the lies and slnder that has been posted here about me, unless you have proof I want this slander removed or I will take action agaisnt you by contacting your server then the law. Peace Starr
      Please refer to this post for further information about rebuttals and legal actions

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=563#p20016

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

WOW all these casters are really coming out tonight arent they? i guess business is drying up so now they need to claim "slander" :lol:

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

I guess her and her "good name" ought to keep promises. No slander here. Just speaking of my experience, plain and simple. I don't know if she is a scammer, but let's just say I would not advise her to anyone, after I trusted her and there was no follow through and no results. A costly lesson to learn. I have kept the emails. No dummy here.

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

When you read this Starr realize I am not the only one posting my experience with you.

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

lies & dishonesty will catch up with each and everyone of them!

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

Let's hope so!

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

http://www.hoodoopsychics.com/momma-starr.html
      I think it's odd she slammed me for "hiding" behind a name I chose for the forum, yet she choose a picture of her back to have on her site.

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

Hi maggie, :o

Gosh,didn't notice there was a thread already.....I was aboout to go to her.
      Thank you so much for sharing your experience!
      PS.Happy new yeaar everyone...!

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

Hi Tarantola, y.w. Thank you and the same to you and all.

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

Found St Martha's site; thank you Pepper & LaSirena :)

http://oldstyleconjure.com/saintmarthathedominator.html

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

I haven't received any spell work from her. I did get spell advice from her a year ago. I found her advice on that particular subject to be very helpful. As for rude, I didn't get that from her at all. I found her to be a nice lady.

Now, for the bad. I took one of her mini courses which consisted of an hour or two on the phone. She promised me a booklet of notes for the course. When I received the booklet it consisted of one page with a paragraph on it. I was not pleased with this at all. I know she said mini course, but I expected more than that.

All in all my experience with her wasn't a bad one (leaving out the mini course, lol). I felt she knew her stuff, but she wasn't for me.

`Jasminelee

Unregistered

Hello, here is my experience with her.

Well I ordered some stuff from her online store almost 3 weeks ago. Today I was honestly worried because of her International policies saying that international packages get lost from time to time and that she doesn't refund or resend packages. I don't get it, there are many ways of sending packages in a safe way. You can even insure the package. Well, doesn't mind.

I was worried because I haven't heard from her yet, so I decided to send her an email. I ask her if there was a problem with my order, since I placed it almost 3 weeks ago, I made the payment and I hadn't heard from her. And I tell her that if she doesn't ship the package within 24 hours I'd had to take actions against her.

Within no more than 5 minutes she sent me an email (not very friendly) asking when did I place the order and what did I order. And within 1 minute she sends me an email saying that she had sent a refund. I have check it out and it was true, I have received the refund.

I think she checked out the order and saw I used paypal to pay the order and then she thought she had to refund before I open a dispute. If I wouldn't payed by paypal she wouldn't sent the refund, same thing if I didn't send her an email complaining.

I am dissapointed with her, she didn't apologize, she didn't tried to work it out. I really wanted those books and I was even going to pay insurance for my package just to make the transaction as safe as possible.

Now I believe she wasn't going to send me the books and she thought she could get my money and keep silent. I don't think she has so many orders to loose them. She had 3 weeks to fix it if there was a problem or to tell me she couldn't accept my order.

Stay away from her! There's something fishy about her!!

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that happened to you. At least you got your money back.

Unregistered

Unhappy Starr - www.oldstyleconjure.com - AIRR

Spent 3-4K with her with absolutely no results, no proof of work, and yes lots of missed appointments and unclear readings. Stay away from AIRR and LM folks - most of them are the same - Loads of attitude , nil results. not only did I lose money I ruined my life by pinning my hopes on something whihc never materialized and by the time I realized, it was too late, i had already lost everything. And btw you can never post anything -ve on LM site - all genuine -negative experiences , comments get deleted and the user ID gets disabled.

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
      Spent 3-4K with her with absolutely no results, no proof of work, and yes lots of missed appointments and unclear readings. Stay away from AIRR and LM folks - most of them are the same - Loads of attitude , nil results. not only did I lose money I ruined my life by pinning my hopes on something whihc never materialized and by the time I realized, it was too late, i had already lost everything. And btw you can never post anything -ve on LM site - all genuine -negative experiences , comments get deleted and the user ID gets disabled.

Why in the hell would you spend 3-4 thousand on her? That's insane!

Personally I wouldn't mess with anyone associated with LM or AIRR.

Unfortunately yours isn't the worst story I've heard about Starr or the LM/AIRR people. Some of them have seriously hurt people.
      All they care about is getting your money, that's it.

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

Re: Starr - www.oldstyleconjure.com - AIRR

I have used Starr twice in the past. I agree with other posters that she can be hard to reach. She has been accurate with her readings for me, but she did not elaborate as much as I would have liked. She didn't try to push her services on me but gave me advice on bAths and spells I can do myself. I purchased her book "Working the roots" and I used some spells there with success.

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

Starr Casas

I am not planning to use this caster as I don't think I will ever pay anyone to do what I can do better myself again :) However, I have read her book 'Working the Root' which I really liked and I am planning to use some spells that she suggests in it. Therefore it would be great to know if anyone has used her or can vouch for her. I have never been in contact with her, just read her book so the information below is what I have gauged from her website.

She is a member of AIRR
      Her cheapest reading is $25 (all services and charges clearly found on her website)
      She sells oils and other things on Etsy and has good feedback

I did find a rip off report on her but it seems fake...I couldn't actually get into the document.

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about her or has used her. I really like her book and her spells are straightforward (some nice cleansing and lots of tips for working with Saints).

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

Re: Starr Casas

Boo the casters website sounds so familiar, I'm sure of it just the opening of the shop on etsy which is throwing me! Good spells that you can do and books etc..but her practices I think could be questionable. Lemme see..

- - - Updated - - -

Bingo - shared experiences section:

http://www.spsreviewforum.com/thread...yleconjure.com

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

Re: Starr Casas - www.oldstyleconjure.com - AIRR

merged with existing topic

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

Ah ok. didn't see this. still think her book seems good and cheap on kindle :)

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

I am waiting for my order from Starr (some oils and soaps) - it's 1 month as well, but because it's international I am ok with waiting, I got notice from PayPal that she posted it 1 week ago... I have also 2 Momma Starr's Triple Action Jars. Still didn't sent me any pictures of her work yet. I read the book "working with the root" and I am now doing my own candle work for myself. They maybe not vigils but I use natural bee wax, I dress them with Lucky Mojo oils and petition under candle, I pray .... I have been using AIRR root workers from November until now, and NONE of the candles work, no one.

Unregistered

It seems as if the report on that rip off website is heating up. She's being accused by someone there of posting in her own defense while pretending to be someone else. Don't know if it's true or not.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OLD-ST...-Texas-1102682

Reputation Points
      Post Thanks / Like

anyone can post to the ROR using any name or account, i know people who used multiple accounts in the past to create controversy, that is why i do not trust anything I read on that site

+ Reply to Thread