+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Justo Botanica - NYC

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Justo Botanica - NYC

Not sure if we need another "topic" on the forum for botanicas but I'm placing this here because this guy gives readings... and horrible ones at that. Let me explain...

I found a few articles (back in 2010) on this guy's botanica in NYC. His name is Jorge Justo and he's been in business for many, many years. When I met him last weekend I felt sorry for the guy as he was the only one in the store. At first I had trouble finding this store as he was forced to move out of his last one a few months ago when they increased the rent. This store was much smaller and hardly organized... BUT, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I went to him primarily for supplies (candles, etc...) and when I was there he offered me a reading ($45). The authors of the two articles I read earlier also got readings and were rather impressed with what he told them so I decided to give it a shot. We went into the back room of the store and after a few prayers in Spanish and shaking his maracas a few times, he pulled out his cards. He kept repeating the same three things over and over again... "She's surrounded by friends" (aren't most of us?)... "You stuck with your decision"... "You are both surrounded by light". Needless to say, there were about 18 different cards in front of him (3 rows, 6 cards in each row)... and each card had a different picture on it of course. But for some reason, in his mind, all these cards meant the same three things.

About 20 minutes into it the bells on the front door rang and he had to leave the reading to take care of these customers who wanted everything from dolls to jewelry to candles, etc... He told me it won't take too long and that they are regular customers who buy a lot. I waited 1 HOUR in that stupid room for him. And when he came back he picked up the reading from where he left off and it was just as bad as it was before he left. I should have left after waiting 15 minutes and am disappointed I waited as long as I did... AND he should have given it to me for free for having me wait as long as I did.

After the reading I was told I could ask 3 questions. After I asked the first question he put 3 cards down and told me what the cards meant. And guess what? THEY MEANT NOTHING IN REGARDS TO MY QUESTION. He told me to ask another one and I told him I had enough. Then he said he could perform some "love work" for me for $1,200, but he could cut me a break at $800!!! I started to laugh. If his "love work" is anything like his readings, NOTHING would have happened except me having a huge hole in my bank account.

So, anyone looking for a botanica in NYC - don't go there. Save your time and money.

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Justo Botanica - NYC

lol what was his reply when you started laughing?

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Justo Botanica - NYC

He Tried to tell me all the work and ingredients he needed... and how much work it would take on his part. I asked him can he guarantee it and he said no. That's when I laughed a little more and left the room. What a waste of time.

+ Reply to Thread