Thread: Wicca spell casters who offer Voodoo spells

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Wicca spell casters who offer Voodoo spells

Wicca and Voodoo

Please correct me if I am wrong, but in all my investigations and readings I have come to learn that Wicca and Voodoo are different religions.

The believes, rituals and practices from both religions contradict each other.

So if you find casters saying they are Wicca and offer Voodoo spells - you know what it is all about - SCAM!

Same applies to other African Traditional Religions, people who practice them do not mix them, it takes years of practice to master just one religion, if you find a priest who claims initiations in many of these religions, - you know what it is all about - SCAM

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Wicca and voodoo are indeed two separate belief systems. As are hoodoo and voodoo; if someone conflates these terms that's another indication that he/she may be a fake. Anyone who claims to be a jack (or jill) or all trades is a master of none.

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Some people take a more eclectic approach-i.e. Chris. A lot of people prefer not to limit themselves- look at Chaos magick for example.

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

There are a very few who are trained across different magical traditions AND are good at all of them. Conjureman Ali seems to be one.

Sometimes you do embrace a new way of working in your training, though. I was of the celto-druidic path (traditional earth religion based in the UK, where Wicca eventually came from) but am now incorporating conjure into my work. I'm a solitary though, just work for myself.

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

It too can depend on if there is a coven. It could be that some coven members specialize in some types of magick that others may not. I agree it's grows conflicting if one practices harm to none then goes about curse throwing.

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

I am yet to find a real voodoo worker, I mean an initiated voodoo priest who joined a coven, let me know if I am wrong.
    The problem I have with people claiming to own covens is that you only get to know one person and will never know if the others are real, even if they are real, do they know someone is profiting from their work? I can only see it possible when the members of the covens are new and learning the craft.
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. (Confucius)

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

I do have a friend who is Wiccan. Her coven is mostly Pagan and one member is focused in Hatian Voodoo. I do not know how often it happens, but it's not unheard of. She is on the lighter side of things, but is receptive to karma spells. The member I mentioned with the Haitian Voodoo focus is not a bad person at all, but is not on the lighter side of things and my understanding is he does do just revenge spells.

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie View Post
    I do have a friend who is Wiccan. Her coven is mostly Pagan and one member is focused in Hatian Voodoo. I do not know how often it happens, but it's not unheard of. She is on the lighter side of things, but is receptive to karma spells. The member I mentioned with the Haitian Voodoo focus is not a bad person at all, but is not on the lighter side of things and my understanding is he does do just revenge spells.
    Do they sell spells online?

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

I think so, but separately for different kinds of magic. The next time I talk to her I will ask. I want to say there is a connection to Silver Raven Wolf or Wolfe. I have not tried them.

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

so they sell their spells individually, not as a coven

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

I honestly don't know about that. I know she is Wiccan and some members, one in partucular practices Haitian Voodoo. I do have a pretty good feeling about SBS. I could always be wrong, but it looks to me their main focus is the lighter side of Voodoo. They also offer Wiccan type spells and it could be that one coven member or more are Wiccans.

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

I am talking here about the "covens" made out of X number of witches with a website for the high priestess to sell spells, maybe there are real ones, but most of the time when you read this story they are fake.

- - - Updated - - -

Real Voodoo and Wicca do not go together, a voodoo initiated is not Wicca and they have different belief systems, some people practice some type of hoodoo and call it voodoo, but they are not initiated and they are not Wicca, that is what I have learned.

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

You may very well be right.

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Haitian voodoo involves animal sacrifice (not always but it is part of their practices) and it goes against Wicca beliefs. That is what I read about this subject.

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes that's true. It's something I couldn't do, but I know others that feel comfortable with that. Some Santeria spells also use animal sacrifices.

Oh, I think you may be making a point of the harm to none, possibly. I said I never would but have bought spells of such nature. If it's done humanly that's the main thing to me. I make it a point to ask.

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

I will remember this!

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Mother Moon has recently written about this on SE: http://www.spiritedenterprise.com/ap...voodoo-witches

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wicca spell casters who offer Voodoo spells

Sorry for the grave dig, but I felt this was relevant.
    Voodoo is primarily a religion not a magical system, I think this is often over looked and frankly over looked to the dismay of genuine Voodoo adherents. The treatment of voodoo by non-Voodoo adherents is akin to treating all Jews as Kabbalists, all Protestants as Hoodoos and Goomers, all Catholics Servants of the Spirits.

In all honesty its a bigoted position.

Hope is spot on, and as to people who claim to be trained in "chaos" magic... thats called dabbling. Would pay a guy who read a few books on cars, pipes, and teeth to be your mechanic and your plumber and your dentist? I know I wouldnt. Dabbling is fine for the hobbyist, but if you want my money...Im going to need you to be an expert. Or at least be focused enough to demonstrate one thing can hold your attention.

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Wicca and voudun are NEVER mixed. anybody that does that is making up their own practice and the LWA wont tolerate them long.

Now for New orleans voodoo - They mix everything and add all kinds of crap as it is a tourist practice i can see them doing that but not Haitian or African Vodun , They must keep them separate. Alot of those people that do that are google witches

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

lol "google witches", love the term

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

I've known a few people in wiccan covens. None of them sell spellwork and are actually quite judgmental about it. A few do readings for profit. I think most of the practitioners who claim on having a mysterious coven doing spells is full of bunk. Why are they the only spokesperson for the entire coven of 20? Fishy.

From the little I know of people in covens (or had been in covens) it just isnt what they do. I get most of my information from several women who left covens...both said their was tons of ego and drama and left. The individuals I have known who have been in wiccan covens really didn't believe in doing spellwork on people unless they asked and it was all very positive stuff. Certainly not the type of spells most are looking for online.

Google Witches! Oh so good! Wish I pinned that one! :)

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL i seen so much crap online i am like oh dear here comes a google witch. I seen people claiming to be coven of ochun and yemaya. That is incorrect you have to be crowned in orisha worship to claim you are ochun and yemaya and in orisha worship they are not worshipped as gods or goddesses etc .

For voodoo i seen bullshit on etsy i literally just LOL'D baron samedi elekes. They dont exist at all. and this is just funny too https://www.etsy.com/listing/1823810...w_type=gallery. screams fake

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh, I recall the old days when friends in ATRs used to joke that white people were too scared to make ATRs a trend...and my response was always "Hah, don't bet that they won't!" I am sorry that I was right :-(

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    Gosh, I recall the old days when friends in ATRs used to joke that white people were too scared to make ATRs a trend...and my response was always "Hah, don't bet that they won't!" I am sorry that I was right :-(
    What are ATRs pardon the ignorance. Is this a predominantly white forum?

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

What kind of question is THAT?

Quote Originally Posted by misshealing View Post

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

"ATRs" are the African Traditional Religions-

for example, Voodoo, Ifa, Santeria, Palo Mayombe, Quimbanda, Candomble, Obeah, probably a half dozen more I'm forgetting at the moment

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this a predominantly white forum?
    we have members from many different races, ages, countries, social status and religions, you will probably never going to find a more diverse forum :-)

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    we have members from many different races, ages, countries, social status and religions, you will probably never going to find a more diverse forum :-)
    I took that question as white magick v dark..but maybe it was racial?

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Sallie Ann Glassman is a vegan vodou mambo who was once high up in OTO. Whether someone agrees with her practices or not mixing craft with religion is not all that uncommon especially in New Orleans. Most people I know who practice in New Orleans are working proficiently with at least two or three different types of spiritual practice. Actually, now that I think about it, I cannot think of anyone off the top of my head who does not practice at least two. I think it's almost expected of you to be open minded here and especially if you want to be recognized then you are going to have to be proficient along several paths. Mainly I think that is so acceptable because people were raised from a strong spiritual base here going to church practicing hoodoo, vodou, witchcraft, obeah, santeria, etc all side by side each other and creating their own mix.

I think we also get a lot of flack for that here. Now that I'm interested in learning, I realize we are known for having NOLA vodou and a NOLA hoodoo that people are either drawn towards it for it's freedom to be all encompassing or shy away from claiming it's not authentic enough for them. I feel I'm lucky to be here because I believe I can learn from many sources and find what works for me.

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

People mix and match whatever they want, it does not mean it is effective, you can find any type of spell online, you can read a lot of pages, but there is a lot of misinformation out there, after talking to some practitioners from different traditions, the real ones do not mix, it takes years to master one tradition and when people jump from one to another just to get a new initiation title, they become jacks of all trades, masters of none.

A Santeria priest does not practice haitian voodoo, a voodooist sticks to its Loas, the Obeah man/woman just does Obeah, the wicca witches do not practice ATR (african traditional religions), real wiccas do not do "spells" and they certainly do not practice voodoo, i know in New Orleans you find a lot of commercial mix, but there is no system, no roots, just whatever the person decided to mix at that time, i find this article written by the deceased Dr E very informative :

http://santeriachurch.org/safe-alert...non-initiates/

I heard of people who after many years of practice do get initiated in another tradition, yes, it happens, but when you see a young person in its 20s or 30s with many titles and initiations under its name, red flags should be flashing and when you visit a website selling a wiccan santeria voodoo spell to bring your ex back, hold down to your money ....

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally don't find fault with anyone just for being initiated into several practices just as I don't see anything wrong or less effective about being well educated and having multiple Phd's and Masters degrees and I know many who do just that. I'd much prefer to see the doctor who continued his education into other areas and modalities then just one and be well rounded rather than myopic in their cure.

With all due respect I'm sorry I'm not sure what you are saying Hope. i'm familiar with his views on cultural appropriation and he has been correct at times ...but here he is on a Santeria site selling Hoodoo at AIRR. Nothing wrong with that but sounds to me a little like the pot calling the kettle black which is quite common coming from Lucky Mojo.

Dr. E~ he himself was one of those people who is initiated and practices many. http://www.readersandrootworkers.org...hp?title=Dr._E.

...as well as are most of his friends and colleagues at AIRR. The same people who criticize others for doing thee same thing they are all doing time and time again. They are known for slandering the others while trying to make themselves look like the real deal. Conjure Man Ali (also a multiple initiate, good friend of Dr. E ) and Cat come to mind here. I'm not telling you anything new here.

As Dr. E. states in the article you posted, he is speaking of someone without formal training.
    I'm speaking of people who are well qualified and initiated into several practices and have earned the ability to initiate others into several practices. These are not 20 something year olds who took an online course and have a website you can just order a spell from so the fact that someone may decide to do a spell they are still well respected people in our community who's families have been doing this for generations. I don't think it is a good idea to lump them into the category of being ineffective or suggest that they are frauds without something more specific. You are speaking against an entire culture and way of life here. Like I said not everyone agrees with New Orleans vodou or hoodoo but that does not make it any more or less effective and we each have a right to our own spiritual beliefs and practices.

Dr. E. goes on to say you see people not distinguishing between Le Siren and Yemeya. He's right but candles are typically used interchangeably in vodou and hoodoo. That's a well known fact and the way the slaves hid their practice from whites by substitutions of saints. This is nothing new and has gone on for hundreds of years. But it is probably not ok to invoke say Papa Legba (vodou) then Yemaya (santeria) for example, but any botanica store around here would tell you that. You don't even have to be initiated to work with the saints or orishas and some of the most talented hoodoo practitioners are devout Catholics, Protestants and Spiritualists taught through their families and have no initiation. The other thing about hoodoo is "use what you have on hand". These people were poor. They could not afford to buy a candle and would work interchangeably with different spiritual entities.

Here is a line from Lucky Mojo a place Dr. E was very active in running "Folk magic is a world-wide phenomenon. The beliefs and customs brought to America by African slaves mingled here with the beliefs, customs, and botanical knowledge of Native Americans and with the Christian, Jewish, and pagan folklore of European immigrants. The result was hoodoo."

That means vodou, santeria, obeah, spiritualism, wicca, shamanism, hermeticism etc. That was his belief system and how Dr. E made money.

- - - Updated - - -

I just also found out Yemaya is used both in santeria and vodou so using with Papa Legba would be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

I just also found out Yemaya is used both in santeria and vodou so using with Papa Legba would be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Very strange it's adding my comments to the last post and cutting them off...should read "...if working with the loa or lwa"

Lets see if this works! LOL

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

i do not agree with all you wrote, but it is your opinion and i respect it, in my opinion, when i see a practitioner doing voodoo spells to Yemaya (who is a santeria deity) or a Santeria Spell to Papa Legba (who is an haitian voodoo deity), or a Wiccan Spell with Yemaya, it is a fake and i stay away

Many solitary witches mix everything together for their own use, to each its own, but people who offer spells to the public with ATR deities without initiations are fake. (I am talking about ATR traditions that require initiations, not the hoodoo and voodoo commercial mix you see in Bourbon Street).

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

I swear, we need a WTF button. How can one tell what race someone is, based on their comments, through use of the internet using aliases, without pictures. I don't even understand the logic by asking such a ridiculous question.

Oh okay, then if it's white magic/black magic question, that sort of thing, then my bad!

Reputation Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Yemaya is not used in Vodou, and new orleans has become a wicca mess publicly. I think that was why the person was asking if this is a white forum because unfortuenatly it is white people doing this to Vodou and Orisha religions but there are some black snowflakes as well.

People are initated into several things and keep them seperate.....they are never mixed
    So its not a hypocrite to do hoodoo and Ocha seperately, it is still wrong to do wiccadoo
    If you see noniniates doing african religions or african spirits run away, they can do what they want but it is the job of the priests to be a bridge not the random person
    Hoodoo the beleifs that mingled as you say was folk magic, it doesnt use african spirits its protestant based, so it doesnt mingle religions, there is a lack of understanding of practices and what this means

It doesnt matter what wiccans and nonitiates say .....not sorry, have no right to comment

I am not in Lucumi and Palo and everything i say should be checked with those priests